Renewables Academy (RENAC) AG
GESS IIIa: PV Off-Grid Systems - from Stand-Alone to Hybrid Mini-Grids26.08.2019 - 30.08.2019
conference venueRenewables Academy AG
Schönhauser Allee 10-11
Programme of the eventPDF Programme of events: Download
The course is designed to:
- This seminar gives interested persons the knowledge, tools and confidence to make educated decisions on most relevant solar PV project types, i.e. grid-tied, hybrid and off-grid
- It encourages the exchange of project ideas, challenges and opportunities between all participants who bring in perspectives from around the globe
After the seminar, you will be able to:
- Evaluate suitable applications for PV off-grid systems
- List all major components and identify their functions
- Identify energy efficiency as one key success factor
- Describe the ways systems can be coupled (AC and/or DC)
- Weigh options to replace a (diesel) generator with a PV system.
- Calculate fuel and emissions saved using PV off-grid systems.
- Differentiate between stand-alone and hybrid operation.
- Analyse the functionality of an energy management system
- Size a solar PV array and battery storage (lead-acid and Li-Ion) t
- Wire-up a small off-grid system and test its functionality
- Assess key success factors for rural electrification projects
- Evaluate project risks and mitigation strategies
- Discuss how an “enabling environment” for mini-grids can be created
- Evaluate business ideas for off-grid solutions
|Phone:||+49 (0)30 58 70870 52|