Renewable-Energy-Industry.com

Business World of Renewable Energy

Nordex Turkey 14042016 1280 256

Swiss Partners Group Acquires Majority Stake in VSB Group

Dresden, Germany - The international project developer VSB gets a new majority shareholder. The Swiss Partners Group acquires an 80 percent equity stake in VSB Group.

VSB Group is nationally and internationally active as full-service providers in the renewable energy sector. As VSB points out, with the sale of 80 percent of its shares to the private market investment manager Partners Group the full-service provider will continue its consistent growth strategy on a national and international level. Founder Andreas Dorner will retain the remaining 20 percent equity stake and will continue to shape the Group’s future.

"VSB has enjoyed great success to-date as an independent, multinational company. However, given the vast opportunity for renewable energy, we wanted a like-minded partner to accelerate our next phase of our growth”, says Andreas Dorner. In Partners Group, VSB has found a global partner with significant operational resources and a wealth of international experience in hands-on renewable energy investment, Dorner adds.

VSB, headquartered in Dresden, is one of the leading European full-service suppliers in the renewable energy sector. It’s core business is the international project development and realization of wind and photovoltaic farms, and functions as well as operator and service provider. Since 1996, VSB has commissioned more than 700 wind energy and photovoltaic plants with a combined installed capacity of approx. 1.1 GW and an investment volume of EUR 1.7 billion.

Partners Group is a global private markets investment management firm with USD 94 billion in investment programs under management in private equity, private real estate, private infrastructure and private debt. The firm manages a broad range of customized portfolios for an international clientele of institutional investors.



Source: IWR Online, 24 Jan 2020